14 tips to recruit sponsors
''You won’t see it until you understand It''
(Johan Cruyff )
Below are 14 tips for recruiting sponsors. Please have a read through our tools which will make raising money even simpler and more fun.
1. Don't be shy, just go ahead and ask!
Others will feel good about supporting you and the charity. Send a reminder if necessary.
2. Make your campaign page attractive.
Upload a photograph and share your motivation for raising money for the Cruyff Foundation.
3. Set a good example.
Start things off with a (substantial) donation of your own, this will set the tone!
4. Start with your family and friends.
Then continue with approaching a wider network.
5. Use social media
Please refer to our social media tips and use some of our catchy images to show why you’re raising money for this cause.
6. Simply share your campaign page via your smartphone with WhatsApp.
You can do this on your mobile via the orange “share button” at the top right of your screen. Please refer to our tips here.
7. Send an (open) Tikkie via your mobile.
Go to your campaign page and select the Tikkie icon. You can do this on your mobile via the orange “share button” at the top right of your screen.
8. Use your personal QR Code!
Click on the red icon on your profile page and check out our QR Code tips here. You can do this on your mobile via the orange “share button” at the top right of your screen.
9. We have set a nice target of 100 euro for you!
Our partners will gladly help you on your way with a starting donation of 25 euro. You are naturally more than welcome to exceed this target!
10. Involve your donors using the blog on your campaign page.
Or share a training video, or possibly details of what you’ve raised so far via social media.
11. Approach (local) companies.
They may well wish to support you. You could possibly come up with a visible return favour too.
12. Don’t just communicate online.
Make sure you do this offline too using the poster with the QR Code, see tip 8
13. Are you celebrating your birthday, Sinterklaas, or Christmas?
Then ask for a donation instead of a gift.
14. Thank your donors!
Here's a nice example of a thank you which is simple to share.